Identifying the 'Why You' for LB Foster's 'Inform' product, opening up significant contract opportunities with the Train Companies
What we did
‘We wanted to know ‘why us’? Why Inform and why LB Foster. Even as a $600m business, it pays to ask independent experts in their field like John and his team at Direct Mail Boutique. They can take away the serious risks of pushing out the wrong Sales and Marketing messages about a product and completely missing the boat. Now we’ve got the valuable ‘Why You’ developed by John, we’ve kick started a major campaign in the market places and audiences that Direct Mail Boutique have identified.’
– Phil Chester, Head of Marketing – Europe
- LB Foster’s market share of the ‘On Station Information’ market was absolutely tiny compared to their competitors
- They wanted their innovative new ‘Inform’ product to be the catalyst to push them well ahead of the competition, and crucially open doors with the Train Operating Companies that they’d struggled to get through to for a long time
What we did
- In depth analysis of all Competitors to LB Foster’s ‘Inform’ product, building up a clear picture of the areas where ‘Inform’ was better than the competition.
- Detailed structured conversations with Sales, Marketing and Product Development colleagues in LB Foster to gain full insight into their Target Customers, as well as their Competitors and the Rail industry.
- Developed 3 unique and powerful ‘Why Yous’ for ‘Inform’ – why customers should choose ‘Inform’ instead of any of the Competitors’ products, built around the insight that it is the only product in the market that solves all the key Passenger Disruption pain points for their Target Customers.
- Set out how the ‘Why You’ should be used in all Marketing to achieve maximum impact, and secure significantly more 1st meetings with the Train Operating Companies.
We are currently working with the Marketing team at LB Foster on the creative campaign to drive ‘Inform’ forward using the new ‘Why You’.
More details will be added here as the campaign progresses.
Our ‘Why You’ work has been completely embraced by the Sales and Marketing teams at LB Foster, and is now being used as the strategy to drive sales of their flagship ‘Inform’ product.
The work has push forward their thinking significantly of how to position new products properly so that they comfortably outperform products that are just sold on features & benefits.
Contact us today
We’re always up for an exploratory chat if you’d like to find out more about Direct Mail Boutique, and how we can make your business be heard better and stand out more.